Asiago Dip with Crostini
This dip is best with Asiago, a firm Italian cheese with a rich, nutty flavor, but you can substitute it with other firm, full-flavored cheeses such as Parmesan or Romano, if desired.
Makes: 2 cups (32 servings)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 oz.) container of sour cream
- 1 Tbsp grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 2 thin French bread baguettes, cut into ½-inch diagonal slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl, then spoon mixture into an oven proof dish. Sprinkle the top with the 1 Tbsp of grated cheese.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with the toasted bread.