Basic Tomato Sauce
This is my favorite tomato sauce, that I especially like to use on my pizzas. Hope you try it out.
Makes: 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 500 gr tomato sauce, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic and sauté, swishing the garlic around until the garlic starts to color but without letting the garlic brown. Add the tomato sauce and stir. Raise the heat to medium and add the basil and oregano. Bring to a simmer, lower heat and cover. Cook for about 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Let cool slightly before using on your pizza or use directly on a bit of pasta!