Makes: 4 servings
- 2 lb squid cleaned
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- salt to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves peeled, whole
- ¼ tsp dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- 2 tsp finely-minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp finely-chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup finely-chopped red onion
- ½ cup olive oil
- Prepare squid by cutting the tube into strips about 1/2-inch wide and tentacles into bite-sized pieces. There should be about 3 1/2 cups.
- Put the squid into a saucepan or small kettle and add the wine, salt, pepper, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, bay leaf and parsley sprigs and enough water to cover the squid. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, cover and let the squid cook about 1 minute or just until the squid gets firm.
- Mix vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and toss the cooked squid with the vinaigrette. Serve warm or cold.